Starch and Potassium Iodide Paper
Starch And Potassium Iodide Paper, 10 books of 20 strips per pack.
- Used to measure the presence of oxidising agents such as nitrite, free chlorine, iodine and peroxide
- Also used to monitor diazotization reactions
- Oxidising agents react with potassium iodide to produce elemental iodine which in turn reacts with the starch to form a blue-violet colour reaction
- The paper can be dipped into the sample or drops can be placed on it
- The paper is moistened with distilled water to detect oxidising gases
Open the the casing and remove one of the paper's from a book. Dip the paper into your test solution for around 2 seconds, and then check the paper for a result.
10 books of 20 strips per pack.